OLD MAPS OF WATFORD
AREA AND BRANCH LINES
Watford Permanent Way Sidings were located just north of the St Albans Road Bridge.
The site was the original location of Watford Station in 1849.
When Watford Station moved south of the St Albans Road Bridge the site housed the horses for the parcels delivery sevice and contained a number of blacksmiths forges.
In the early days rail tracks were supported by 'sleeper stones' many of which can still be seen today forming a wall on the east side of the site.
Ordnance Survey Map 1912
Scroll down to see more of the map.